At Savremena International School, teachers work with students continually, throughout the school year. Students receive concrete tasks from their teachers and are engaged in specifically designed educational activities and cooperation with the other students. Each student has a mentor that helps with advice, providing emotional support and academic authority. The classes are small in size so that the teacher could pay attention to each student individually, either to discover and nourish their talents or provide support in the learning process. Combining individual, team and mentor approach to learning has proven to yield best results.
Savremena International School has opted for a modern approach, recognising digital literacy as a competence sine qua non of the 21st century. Electronic learning over the internet (aka: online learning, e-learning) provides numerous opportunities to students in terms of development of their knowledge and skills, which are adapted to their age and needs. In the modern, fast-paced world, it is important to acquire not only theoretical but also practical knowledge. This understanding has prompted us to adapt our teaching approach to the contemporary learning styles, while insisting on cultural, creative and physical engagement of our students. Thus, with Savremena International School secondary school certificate, our students can further their education at any tertiary education programme, both in Serbia and abroad, fully prepared to face the academic challenges.
Contemporary approach to teaching methodology
- Teaching with state-of-the-art video and audio teaching aids
- Interactive whiteboards and tablets in use daily
- Availability of an online learning option, using our virtual learning environment (VLE) and Android apps
- Interactive approach to teaching
- Problem-solving and interdisciplinary learning
- Critical thinking and research skills
- Progress aligned with the "zone of proximal development"
- Student performance aligned with the academic standards
- Enhanced cooperation among students
- Students are motivated to study self-reliantly through research and fact-finding
- Synchronous and asynchronous communication with teachers and other students
- Electronic diary available both to students and parents
- Three-month progression report cards
- One-to-one parent-teacher meetings